For this assignment, you will set up your own Pearltrees Education "Assistant" account, which is free. Pearltrees offers a premium account for educators for $2.49/month. You do not need to upgrade for this class, but keep this option in mind if you find Pearltrees useful. With the assistant account, you may create unlimited collections, but these collections will all be public. The premium version allows you to create private collections too.
Why You Are Doing This
You will use Pearltrees to curate resources you find in Twitter chats and through interactions with your PLN, in general. Think about Pearltrees as a simple place to store and organize the resources you want to refer back to later. Pearltrees allows you to create "Collections," which are like groups or folders in which you will organize links to various types of resources. The titles of your collections will emerge for you as you start to bookmark more resources. You may wish to start your first collection with a basic title like "Collection #1" and then return to Pearltrees to adjust the title as themes start to emerge in the resources you are collecting.
How To Do It
For this assignment, you will create your free Education "Assistant" account at Pearltrees (please view the first video below to ensure you sign up for the correct account type), create at least one "Collection," and add at least resources to that collection.
Follow these 7 Steps
1. Open a new tab or window in your browser and go to pearltrees.com
2. Watch this brief video to ensure you sign up for the Education "Assistant" account.
3. Watch this video to see how to set up a collection and add a resource using the Chrome extension.
4. Once your account is set up and you have one collection created with at least one resource in that collection, copy the URL at the top of your Pearltrees homepage. It will look like this: pearltrees.com/YourUserName.
5. Click on the blue "Submit Assignment" button.
6. In the Text Entry area, paste the URL to your Pearltrees page. (Example: Pearltrees.com/brocansky)
7. Click "Submit."
Can't change a rubric once you've started using it.